Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hola!


I am in Barcelona at the moment! It´s super hot, but definitely better to be here than at work :)

Done lots of sightseeing here and even went to the beach yesterday. Was great to have a swim. The one thing London really needs is a proper beach. And don´t give me that Brighton crap. A pebble beach is not a real beach! And it´s over an hour away by train. (And I bruised the sole of my foot last time I paddled in the sea at the pebble beach. Hurt.)

I should mention my mishaps since arriving. In typical Emi-style, after taking about 3 hours to get to the hostel, which involved me walking in the completely opposite direction and so having to take a taxi back to the hostel, I put my jandals on, went down the marble stairs at the hostel and fell down them. Fortunately just the last few - got a wicked bruise on my arm. Then in the night I got disorientated and whacked my head against the wall. Got a lovely bump and a headache for the whole next day! Apart from all that has been good :)

Off to Benicassim for the music festival tomorrow (Weds) and hopefully we´ll do more swimming!

No comments: