Saturday, January 27, 2007

Big Day Out - mostly the good things

It was a good day!

But the sound was awful for the Killers. I think it was a problem with the sound for the left-hand side stage (when looking at the stages). Apparently the sound wasn’t very good for My Chemical Romance – though it sounded fine from where me and Dan were - right in front!!! I was like, a metre away or something. So cool. (I am SO SAD!!!)

Anyways, me and Dan moved over to in front of the other stage for the Killers, cos I couldn’t see the stage OR the big screen. That side had MUCH better sound, and I could see the screen and even sometimes the stage!!!

Then we stayed there for Muse and they were awesome. But they’re always good live.

Earlier in the day I’d seen the NZ band ‘Die! Die! Die!’ They were great!! I’m gonna have to get the album now. I also saw The Tutts (another NZ band), but wasn’t that impressed. Nor with Elemeno P (NZ too). I really wanted to see The Veils, but they clashed with The Killers and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get around easily as there were so many people there!! They’re from Devenport in Auckland originally, and I’ve heard some of their stuff. Sounds good.

Throughout the day we saw some good acts, like Peaches. She was very entertaining! And we also saw/heard Kasabian. They played the one song I like first (Shoot The Runner), but Dan wanted to see them. So I stayed. We sat on the grass, in front of the drinking cage (more of that later).

The last act of the night was The Violent Femmes. It was awesome!!! They played all the old stuff and it was just cool :) A great way to end the evening, and we’d got to the early, so were pretty much up front. There were loads of people stretching far back, trying to watch. We did have to listen through ‘Dimmer’ though, and they sucked. So boring!! I played Tetris on my mobile phone!! Got a new record ;)

It was a mega long day, as we’d gotten there about 11am and left at 11.45pm ish. So tired at the end of it!! And mildly sunburnt, which sucked. I haven’t been burnt in years and I’d forgotten how unpleasant it is. Fortunately for me, it had gone down after a day or so. I feel so sorry for Russ, and also Selena – who seems to burn as soon as she steps outside – sometimes it’s good to be brown. Of course it is bad to be brown when people are having a rant about immigrants, or just being plain, old racist.

No comments: