Saturday, January 27, 2007

Masters of Metal!!!!

The first weekend in Auckland, I spent it with Daniel Stevenson and his girlfriend, Adrienne.

On the Saturday night (13/01/07), me and Dan went to Karangahapi Road (aka K Rd) and to what is apparently Auckland’s only Rock and Metal Club – Hysteria. It was so cool!

They had a metal tribute band, called ‘Masters of Metal’ playing all the hits from the 80s and 90s. When we arrived they were playing Living on a Prayer and then did the Havoc song (NZ) that goes ‘I Was Tripping Out On You’. Haven’t heard that in AGES!!! They also played Ace of Spaces, Welcome to the Jungle etc. It was really good. We had a great time. And the drinks were pretty cheap. I’d also been drinking, so I was enjoying the whole thing a lot more than I would’ve been if I hadn’t!

The best think about the Masters of Metal though, were that they were all dressed up in lycra jumpsuits, big hair wigs, with makeup and padded crotches. Some of them also had those codpiece things. So funny! The leadsinger also had a heart shape cut out in front of his jumpsuit, and it showed his hairy chest. LOL!!!

But they were also really good musicians. So they took the piss and could really play. Which considering the crowd, was a good thing ;)

I've got some photos of the band on my phone, but can't find my software disc to put it on the computer. I'll put some photos on my web albums as soon as I can!!!

No comments: