Saturday, April 20, 2013

Easter, 31 March 2013

Easter's not a public holiday here, but I took the day off anyway.

Here's my egg (Hello Kitty, of course!):


I also went to church. There's two Catholic churches here. One in Bur Dubai and the other in Jebel Ali, which is closer to my house. I went to that one. It's not easy to get to, as it's not right by the Metro and I can't work the buses!

Getting there was fine. It was a packed service, with people standing. Unfortunately, leaving was much harder. No taxis! I rang for one, but it didn't come and there were other people waiting for taxis too. Luckily I got a lift to Ibn Battuta metro station with a family. It was me, the old grandmother, the mother and father and their daughter. However, it still took about half an hour as there was heaps of traffic and only one road in and out. They said it's always like that! Maybe next time I'll just go to the one in Bur Dubai. Although it's further, by the time you get out of Jebel Ali, it'll be faster to go there.

No comments: