Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moroccan Bath for relaxation

So, today I had a Moroccan Bath. They're supposed to be relaxing, exfoliating and good stuff like that.

I hadn't had a Moroccan Bath before, so I just went there with my loofah and not many expectations. I really had no idea what what gonna happen. 

What happens, you ask?

1. Strip off

I didn't strip off completely, but opted to wear the paper panties. I was told to strip down, put on the panties and then call for the lady that's going to wash me. So I did, but when calling I put up a gown over my nakedness. To which the washing lady basically asked me why I am bothering to cover myself since I'm going to be in just my paper panties for the bath. With her. Washing me. These were all good points.

2. Be naked in front of your washing person

See above. I decided that this is her job, so she probably doesn't even care anymore.

3. Be washed by someone as if you are unable to wash yourself

This I found bizarre. I mean, someone's lifting my limbs and washing me while I just lie there. But I am perfectly capable of soaping myself? It's kinda like you're very ill or in hospital and having some kind of sponge bath. Weird.

4. Lie in steam for 20 mins

So after the washing, the steam starts up and you get steamed. The washing lady goes to the other room. But before she goes, she tells me not to touch my eyes. Immediately I eyes become itchy. 

5. Be exfoliated as if you are unable to exfoliate yourself

Just like the washing, but more vigorous and with a loofah. Started to wonder about how much skin I was losing! It's all good though - seems to be fine and she stopped loofahing before it hurt. :)

6. I had a massage (though, sadly, it wasn't that good of one)

Nuff said.


So all up, let's just say that I found it weird.... 

Probably won't be having another Moroccan Bath! It's just too odd being washed by someone when you're totally able to do it yourself!!


2 comments:

Trees said...

I'm not sure I would cope with this at all...let's NOT have a Moroccan Bath when I visit. Lets get pedicures instead xoxo

Emi said...

Ok. Deal!