Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm in Aswan

And it is hot!

Today we went to Abu Simbel, which was cool. Ramses II really loved himself!!!

Then some of us went to Philae Island, which was lovely and tranquil in the middle of the Nile - until the full busloads of tourists came! Ruined everything! But it was great while it lasted.

Tomorrow we're off to the Fellucca and spending two nights on it. Not good. No toilet, no shower and I get seasick :( Last night we took a boat to the Nubian village and had dinner there, I also got my hand henna painted, and then we took the boat back - but that night when I tried to sleep, it was like I was still on the boat and it was all swaying! Not boding well for the fellucca trip.

I also keep getting ripped off. Constantly. Not much I can do, I guess.

Also, I;m wearing a headscarf now (to cut down the hassles) and everyone thinks I'm Egyptian. Hate the headscarf though. It gets hot!

Well, enough for today, I'm gonna try to post some pics on my MSN group.

No comments: