Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ibn Battuta Crazy-Ass Mall - the World's Largest Themed Shopping Mall!!!

12 Feb 2013

So, I needed some white wool and found out I could get some from Ibn Battuta mall, which is much closer to my house than other wool selling places. I was not prepared for what I encountered!!

It all starts when you get off the Metro and see this:


 It's a HUGE bridge with a hotel in it and office blocks. I can see it from my house! I did wonder what that was...

Then I set off to find the Daiso that sells wool cheap. I knew it was beside Geant supermarket, so found that sign and set off. To see this:
A huge building in Egyptian style!


the man is there for scale
I was just like, wow! It's huge and Egyptian theme! 
Then I went inside:
It continues with the theme! (And being huge)

There were some choice ride on machines, too. Not quite willing to jump on, but maybe if I wasn't on my own! ;)
So many! More outside the picture!
The madness in the mall doesn't stop there, cos it's like Disneyland. With fake buildings and painted sky! I totally felt like I was shopping at Disneyland!

But there's more than just Egypt. There's huge sections for each of the places that Ibn Battuta explored (you should google him). As I was leaving I saw an Indian section and a Chinese section.

But wait! There's more!

The mall has some other stuff going for it:

There is a Sanrio store! :D Yusssss!!! :D




No comments: