Sunday, February 24, 2013

Skating in Abu Dhabi - 16 Feb 2013

So, as I may've mentioned, I've joined the Dubai Roller Derby league here! The girls are great! And it's been fun! They're very new though and just started regularly skating in January. It's gonna be a while till any scrimagging is done and even longer till any bouting. But I'm enjoying it!

Anyways, the other weekend we went to Abu Dhabi and skated along the waterfront there (called the Cornish). It was quite hot and I think I got a little overheated, but I survived! [BTW we went to Abu Dhabi cos a couple of girls actually live there rather than in Dubai.]

I broke out the fan - overheating!

And we are skating! 

Yeah!

There are interesting signs and crazy buildings in Abu Dhabi! (Though that's not really that surprising when you think about it! Hellllooooo!)
The sign says 'Beware of road surprises'

Reminds me of pineapples!



The beach at Abu Dhabi



1 comment:

Trees said...

How exciting! Must be fun to start out with a brand new league:)